Recipes from The Stinking Rose
The Stinking Rose® Garlic Rose Relish
- 1 - Bunch Chopped Parsley
- ¼ Cup - Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. - Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. - Salt
- Olive oil to cover
- 1. Mix parsley, garlic, vinegar and salt.
- 2. Add oil to cover ingredients, stir.
- 3. Cover and store in refrigerator (good for 3-4 days).
The Stinking Rose® 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
You heard it right. 40 cloves! But don’t let that number scare you, because they add just the right amount of zest and aroma to make this one of The Stinking Rose’s ® most popular dishes!
- 1 Tbsp. - Butter
- 2 Tbsp. - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 lbs. - Roasting Chicken, washed and cut into pieces
- To taste - Salt and Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. - Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Cup - Flour
- 40 Cloves - Garlic, Peeled
- 1 Cup - Dry White Wine
- 4 Cups - Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup - Heavy Cream
- 1. Heat butter and olive oil in a deep, heavy skillet.
- 2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss in flour.
- 3. When the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the chicken, skin side down.
- 4. Sauté chicken until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- 5. Add garlic cloves and sauté until light brown.
- 6. Add white wine and chicken stock. Return chicken to pan.
- 7. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 8. Remove chicken and keep warm, turn heat to high and reduce liquid by 66%.
- Remove to blender, add cream and puree sauce.
- Adjust seasoning and serve over chicken.